Fasasi Olabankewin popularly known as Dagunro was a veteran Yoruba actor who was well known for acting the role of a herbalist in movies.
The death of Dagunro came as a shock to his family, colleagues and fans which left all in a state of mourning, We remember him today and this article talks about 12 things you might know about hr late actor.
Things You Didn’t Know About Dagunro
1. He was thought and introduced to acting taught by Duro Ladipo.
2. He had only primary education.
3. He was once an Ajiwere (Ramadan nights ) performer and a mechanic.
4. He mentored top actors such as Murphy Afolabi, Muyideen Oladapo (Lala), Lukmon Raji, Kamiliu Compo and Ademola Tijani.
6. He was brought to the limelight by his movie, ‘Sese De’ (JJC) but his most successful film is ‘Osa Eleye’, which did so well that his marketer bought him two buses.
7. He could not tolerate any film in which people kiss.
8. While his firstborn is a set designer, his thirdborn, Jamiu, is an actor.
9. He died during the early hours of Thursday, June 13, 2019, in Osogbo.
10. He battled with an undisclosed illness, which has kept him away from the movie scenes for a while.
11. Dagunro had only one wife though ladies put pressure on him even as an old man.
12. He neither smoked nor drank.
Related Posts ?
- Ten Hidden Things You Need to Nollywood Actor, Afeez Owo
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Late Yoruba Actor, Baba Alaran
- 5 Things You Don’t Know About Nollywood Actor, Pa Tunbosun Odunsi
- 10 Things You Don’t Know About Solomon Majekodunmi (Baba Kekere)
- Five Things You Need To Know About Nollywood Actress, Eniola Ajao
- 10 Things You Need To Know About Nollywood Actress, Bukky Wright
- Five Things You Need To Know About Nollywood Actress, Bisola Badmus
- Five Talented Yoruba Actresses That Have Action in the Industry (Photos)