Nigerian actor and filmmaker Murphy Afolabi reportedly passed away on Sunday, prompting us to explore lesser-known facts about his life.
Reports have emerged that a prominent actor in Yoruba movies suffered an unfortunate incident at his residence in Ikorodu, Lagos.
According to sources, the thespian allegedly fell in his bathroom on the morning of May 14, 2023. We are closely monitoring the situation for any updates as the severity of the incident is yet to be confirmed.
1. Born on May 5, 1974, Afolabi got into the movie industry in 2001.
2. The graduate of Ire Polytechnic, Osun State, appeared in over 60 movies before his death.
3. His film credits include ‘Ifa Olokun’, ‘Omowunmi’, ‘Jimi Bendel’, ‘Wasila Coded’, ‘Olokiki Oru’, and ‘Idera’.
4. Besides being fond of writing scripts and producing films in the Yoruba language, the late veteran actor enjoys an exciting life full of entertainment, and happy and sometimes scary moments.
5. During his lifetime, he was the CEO of Fatuns Films Production.
6. The late Duro Ladipo was reportedly among the legends that influenced Murphy’s career.
7. There is no public record about the late actor’s wife but unsolicited reports confirm he was blessed with two children, a boy and a girl, their names are Fathia Afolabi and Olamilekan Afolabi.