Margaret Bandele Olayinka popularly known as Iya Gbokan is a Nollywood actress and producer, she has been in Nollywood for several years.
According to Wikipedia, Iya Gbokan was born on the 14th of September, 1958 in Otu, Oyo State. There are some facts you didn’t know about Iya Gbokan
Facts You Didn’t Know About Iya Gbonkan
1. She performs the role of a wicked elderly woman in movies and she is known for her unique way of acting.
2. She undertook her first performing arts training under the mentorship of Duro Ladipo. During this period, performances were basically delivered on stage.
3. Iya Gbonkan emerged into the film conversation in the early 70s featuring in the IFA OLOKUN’s TV series by Yemi Elebubon.
4. Her father was a trader in Ibadan and she is also the only child her mother had for her father.
5. She was employed as a maid in Ibadan with the knowledge of her father. It was after she fled her hometown due to a series of maltreatment from her father’s relative, that she came to Ibadan where she served as a housemaid.
6. She is from Otu, Itesiwaju local government in Oyo state. In addition, her mother is a native of Iseyin in Oyo state.
7. Iya Gbonkan got her major breakthrough in the productions of Yekini Ajileye.
- 10 Amazing Things You Didn’t About Fuji Star, King Saheed Osupa
- Meet Wife and The Five Children of Kunle Afod (Photos)
- Meet The Two Children and Wife of Nollywood Actor, Olaniyi Afonja Sanyeri
- Meet The Parents of Nollywood Actor, Lateef Adedimeji (Photos)
- Meet the 4 Children Nollywood Actor, Odunlade Adekola (Photos)
- Meet The Four Children of Nollywood Actor, Femi Adebayo (Photos)